HorsePower for Youth
Youth with Purpose…A New Kind of Horsepower™ located in beautiful Surrey, BC (just outside of Vancouver), offers a series of horse-facilitated youth empowerment and development programs, both individual and group, based on the principles of equine therapy. Programs are available for children 6 years and up.
View the video below to learn how the Youth with Purpose program encourages youth empowerment.
HorsePower for Kids
Kids as young as 5 years of age may participate in our HorsePower program. Working with the horses at an early age enables kids to build a strong foundation and allows them to:
- Learn the language of love and respect
- Experience the beauty and mystery of nature
- Express themselves in a fun and creative way
- Build life values and understand the importance of safe boundaries
Programs are nurturing and innovative with lots of time for expressive arts, play, music, and other nature-based innovations.
Why Empowerment Programs are Important for Today’s Youth
Our youth don’t have it easy. Today’s youth face complex issues like increasing pressures from peers, family members, and even mentors. Achievement pressures, confusion, abuse & sexual exploitation, bullying, isolation, depression and at-risk behaviours are just some of the challenges our youth have to combat with on a daily basis. We should be equipping them with the life skills and confidence required to not just get through life, but to thrive.
The Power of Equine Assisted Therapy for Troubled Youth
What if every youth was empowered to rise above their “story” and life situation to develop real, unshakeable confidence?
In our Youth Development Programs, we partner with horses to deliver powerful, interactive, and experiential non-riding activities to help pre-teens, teens, and young adults. Our programs focus on empowering youth and helping them to make healthy, informed choices so that they can respond to life’s difficulties with courage, self-awareness, and confidence.
Equine assisted therapy is being increasingly used as an approach to enhance emotional growth as well as develop psychological wellbeing.
Our experiential youth programs are designed to teach youth to face the everyday challenges of growing up with confidence and a strong sense of empowerment.
5 Reasons Why We Empower Our Youth Development Programs with Equine Therapy
What makes our youth development programs unique & innovative? The learning is guided by a herd of horses. Here’s why:
- Horses are easily amongst the most affable animals, and most teenagers and young adults develop an instant affinity towards them. Equine therapy is gaining immense popularity as horses make even the most therapy resistant youth to react.
- Horses live in herds, not unlink our own communities – hence they help youth to better interact with others.
- As animals of prey, horses have highly developed senses, responding to even subtle emotions that impact their wellbeing. Horses bring about a calmness in youth, helping them to regulate their physical, mental, and emotional state.
- Horses are incredible teachers, providing real-time feedback with an immediacy of action that allows us to know ourselves better and before more self-aware at a deep, transformative level.
- Research has proven that spending time with horses can make teenagers less stressful and also helps youth with emotional and behavioural issues.
Contact us today to find out more about our innovative and powerful Youth Development Programs based on Equine Assisted Therapy.
Click below to listen to Youth with Purpose’s signature song “Wish Away," (Lyrics & Music by Pinto [Amin] Miremadi, Sung by Kesia Nagata).
Be inspired by the words and music as you think about someone who could benefit from this program.
Don't miss the opportunity to experience a lasting and sustainable transformation as the horses inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and embrace your best self.